From: Jim Hawes
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2001 9:48 AM
Subject: Re: rebloom

Rebloomers:

Seems to me that since a division of a hosta plant is composed of its
own roots, a portion of rhizome tissue (attached or not)  and a shoot
which grew from a bud and the shoot is  made up of a meristem and
surrounding leaves with their petioles, that when the meristem changes
from a vegetative meristem to a floral meristem and blooms, that is all
that happens. It happens only once in the existence of the division.No
buds are involved at this point in the growth and development of the
division. The division has bloomed and it will not bloom again. It is
not a rebloomer, IMO. Please tell me where I am wrong.

Jim Hawes