Re: Gardenweb web site

      On
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 06:43:04 -0500

     Andrew wrote;

    >>> But as for his job of policing, when you're number one in your
field, you're going to cross the finish line all alone.  Winning is not about
making everyone a friend, it's about being the best at what you do. <<<

     My dear Andrew, I don't believe there is anything that you have written
to date that I could disagree with you more on!!
     ANYONE that is remotely concerned with "winning" has and is abjectly
lost already. In fact possibly so lost that there may be no hope at all of
any recovery possibility or room for the freedom of new insight. "Policing",
"number one", comes from a need to control that originates from a feeling of
having no control at all. This adventure that we call Life is not about
winning anything. It is about harmony, balance, cooperation, coexistence,
serenity and peace of mind and spirit. To be obsessed with "winning" is to be
fixed in loss.
     This insight from a man who has been the consummate "winner." I have
entered and won more competitions (primarily with myself) than I can count.
The concern for winning is a disease that feeds on itself and eventually
consuming all else, and being the starving voracious creature it is, dies in
an empty and lonely place.
     To truly "WIN" is to surrender, give up and free ones self of the
burden that out weights all others, the driving "need" to be "better than."
All of this originates from a primal reality of feeling "less than" and
unequal to everyone else. Andrew to "finnish alone" is the saddest reality I
can imagine.
     I take TOTAL issue with your statement. I perceive that "Winning is not
about making everyone a friend" but being "a friend to man." It's not about
"being the best at what you do" but "being the best person that you can be"
     The man who has truly "won" has no need to win at all.

                                                      Jim Towle......