Re: Braggs/dividing stock plants from Cestas on Lincoln

Dan, you reminded me about all the people Mom used to hit for stock plants when we got into an oversold position - probably due to my overambitious spring dividing. I can still hear her yelling (you probably heard her too) "DON'T you dare dig that row, those are my stock plants for next year" and I would nod and keep digging. Rosemary, Mrs. Jones across the street, Aunt Sarah, etc. The days before tissue culture.

One year she was complaining on the Royal Oak Market about being out of stock on Und. Univitata and Albo Marg. A man overheard us  and whispered to me that he had some to get rid of. Did we want them??

Not being one to pass up a good deal, I asked where they were (nearby ?) and what was he intending to do with them? He said  "throw them out into the garbage, they grow like weeds", so I gave him our 626 address, told him to drop them off.

You may remember, after an intense week of sales, digging, dividing, going to Royal Oak Farmers Market and Eastern Market Flower Day, we found about 50-80 clumps, probably 30-50 divisions each, dumped in the front yard. Ouch, I had to divide and plant all before going back to Delaware.

Watched again the videotape from 2000 Woodward Cruise last week, with the front of 626 W. Lincoln bare. They have even taken out some of the buckeyes?