Re: old newspapers and remodelling photos

Bob wrote:
Here are some neat photos from a bunch of old newspapers they had in
the floor as insulation. They are from 1925 and have many stories of the
Rockefellers and Vanderbilts plus one they seem especially proud of that
shows the oldest and youngest klan members of Ohio. Some that I took are
an old cistern under the floor we found, it must be 20-25 foot deep.

Thanks for sharing the pics, Bob...very interesting.  I'm bothered by the cross in the background of the "Klan" photo as if  they think Jesus Christ would share their hatred for other people..yuck!

What was the cistern used for??
You sure must enjoy hard work!  I think you mentioned in a previous post that you hope to be able to redo another house some day.  Isn't it hard to leave a place you've poured so much effort into?  Kind of like leaving a garden behind, I think.

Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a