Re: Seedling growth (Mike Groothuis)

Mike,

I agree with just about everything Bill has written about getting the most
growth from  hosta seedlings...except one small detail.. I would not prune the
roots when transplanting since monocot roots do not branch usually. I would wrap
the long roots around and around if necessary instead of cutting them off. Also,
if your florescent lights are old, they may not be efficient in putting out the
maximum amount of light .. They are cheap and should be replaced when old.......

Jim H