Lu's hard Drive

Hiya folks,

Well it appears I ate my hard drive for dinner or something. I was getting
ready to install a new one and disconnected the old one. You would not
believe what an idiot I was. (well some of you would) I took "my documents",
backed up my email and quicken to a CD. Disconnected the old drive, plugged
in the new one. Life is good, right? The CD was corrupt!!! Nothing will read
it. Nothing!! Did I check it before I did all this, hell no!

OK, so I think, no problem, just connect the old hard drive as a slave to
the new one. HA! I can "see" it, but when I click on it, it tells me it's
not formatted and do I want to format it. Of course not silly, I want the
data off it! I disconnect both drives, install the old one only, and it says
I have no operating system. Sigh...
My F-S-I-L worked on it from 11am till nearly 1 in the morning. He walked
away a frustrated puppy.

I know this is asking for a miracle, but can anyone think of anything I can

You know, I could give a rat's a$$ about the contacts and financials. It's
the pictures that are killing me. Sooo many pictures.

Yes, I know, back up often. I didn't think, which is half my problem. A
little knowledge can be sooo dangerous!

Any advise, other than suicide would be appreciated.

Always look at the bright side of things, so to that end, I now have 60 gigs
to play with. Also, thank GOD I had my database on my laptop. Can you
imagine? I shudder to think. But all is well there.

Last week I had a truck (big truck) load of chips delivered. Guess I'll go
watch it smoke....

Lu (Atlanta, Zone 7B)

PS: You guys wouldn't mind sending all the pictures again from the last two
years to Hostapix, would you? LOL! Sigh.....