Freeze damage to hosta leaves and shoots.

We had temps down to 34f last night. A few snow flurries this morning but the temp is about 40f. I checked the hostas this morning and they all look good. The prediction for tonight is a little warmer. I sure will feel better when this cold snap is through.

I really feel for those of us who are being hit hard by this cold.

For those of us who have not had experience with what to do after you hostas turn to mush from the cold.......stay tuned....

Your hostas will survive.............

......and you can rely on tips from hosta gardeners who have been through freeze before. We have had some good tips already and more are sure to follow.

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
Zone 7