Oh, deer me?

Hosta Friends,

One of the topics in our e-mailings was the subject of Milorganite with all
its various names and results.  I have been about a three year veteran on the
usage of milorganite. My results have been that it seems to do rather well
during the summer months when there is plenty of food elsewhere.  When food
is short as like this spring, they will go anywhere, anytime, and eat
anything that comes in sight. I learned like the deer to eat most anything
when I was in the army.  Monday morning I spread milorganite on my gardens
across the creek.  On Tuesday morning there stood two deer in my
miloraganited bed happily munching on my few daylilies.  A sign I recall
reading in  someone's garden went somewhat like this.

Don't let no one say your name,
And say it in your shame,
That all was beauty here,
Until you came,

to which I add"

Yes, it is those damn-ageing deer.

Yesterday I dug up 2 Taxus cuspitata-Yew densiformis and 3 Taxus cuspitata
Yew, capitata that the deer had reduced to stems. That left me in a 'fowl'
mood. I know I am a loser, as Mother Nature always win.

Hugh Moore adds: I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more

Keep smilen: