PETER RUH CORRESPONDENCE # 7

Good Afternoon Peter & All.

Here in Des Moines we have had rather nippy weather so far this week.
Yesterday and today it is starting to warm up, We have had no damage to any
hostas because they are just starting to poke their heads thru the cold
ground. There is no rhyme or reason which are the first to come up.  To me
the most important factor is there location in the garden and the amount of
heat and sunshine they might get. We must wait till nature takes its course
and it own sweet time.

I received your letter of April 6 and 8th on or about April 11. Wow, I can
see I have my work cut out for me.  I have read over the letters several
time.  I don't know where to start to record all the information.  At this
time of the year, my thoughts and interest have left the books and wants to
get out into the fresh air and do a little diggen and planten.  I will have
to ration out what energy that I can find.

Your letter of April 10th came about April 12th.  This letter contained many
corrections, etc., from my letter #5 to you.  I have made some of the
corrections and additions, so I will be sending you copies of those data
sheets.

On Paul Bunyan I changed the color from Green to Blue.  I wonder if only the
color is in error and all other descriptions are correct.  We need a Central
Correction
Bureau where all these corrections could be assembled and verified.  With
computers we can tie all the data basers together to collect the errors as
they find them. Who has extra time on their hands to ramrod a project of that
nature,

Yesterday the Hosta Journal Number R came thru the USPS.  The project to
enter all these registrations into my data bank will have to wait till next
fall and winter.  Let  us hope that this registration list is more accurate
than the last one.  The first problem that I note was that I have it from
Malloy that it is 'Fond Memories' and not "Fond Memory' as shown of page 11.
So on we go.  It is hard to be penny perfect.

Have a good day, week, month ,and year?

Lemkeiowa