Re: Silver Maple

  • Subject: Re: Silver Maple
  • From: HoroRL@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:12:48 EDT

Hi, Ran & Ray:

I would top prune the Sliver maple with a chain saw!  When I bought my house,
there was (and still is) one of these shade trees in my backyard.

I have considered digging down about 18" around the tree and putting in a
double layer of landscape cloth and back filling with good
soil/compost/manure to grow my hosta and rhodies.  Too much work! So, I made
pockets using the afterforementioned process.  The hosta are doing just fine!

If I didn't need the shade, it would be a chain saw!!!!!!!!!!

Rich Horowitz
Stoughton MA