Re: Silver Maple

  • Subject: Re: Silver Maple
  • From: Ray W <wie1086@oh.verio.com>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 21:00:32 -0400

Rich,

That is the direction I plan to go, using the Texel bags with "spinout". I will
be purchasing a large qty. for my hosta society . They come in a multitude of
sizes in gallon increments. With the bags inside out, the spinout will stop the
root growth as soon as it touches the bag.

An observation that I have made on Silver Maples-- the hair roots are in the top
2-3" of soil. This would lead me in the direction that any protection must come
up above the surface a small amount.

Ray