Mesage from C.H.

CH Falstad has asked me to forward this message to the group:

Hosta fans:

The Spokane convention is really shaping up!  The registration list looks
like a who's who in the society.  Unfortunately a few of your names are not
on there yet.  Please take advantage of the extended late fee deadline and
get your registration post marked by this weekend.  Save yourself $100!

Now that Basketball's March Madness is over, the next big subject seems to
be who will be awarded the coveted Alex J Summers Distinguished Merit Award
for lifetime contribution to the genus Hosta and The American Hosta Society.
Hosta fans from all around the world are discussing it.  Hundreds are coming
to Spokane to see the presentation and find out if their guess is right!
Everyone (that is all at the Saturday banquet at about 8:30 June 29th) will
find out.  Bets are already being placed.  The selected hosta is being used
as a tie breaker.  No points for coming in second place here either.  Who
will be awarded, and what have their contributions been.  Last year Mark
Zilis was honored, and the previous year was Merv Eisel, both very

Two people already know, and I'm not one of them, so you can't get the info
from me.  The best way to find out is to attend the awards banquet on
Saturday night!  The best way to attend the banquet is to attend the

. . .    (drum roll,  please!   and the envelop . . .

                        Sorry.  You have to wait until the convention, but
as a hint, I'll guess the recipient will be in attendance!  Are you going to
be there?  Want to know my guess?  I'll tell you at dinner on Saturday!

To find out more about the convention, and to get a copy of the registration
form (in case you misplaced your one that arrived in the mail) go to:
Remember to get in your registration quickly!

See you there!

C.H. Falstad
AHS President

Kevin P. Walek