Re: Missing hostas

  • Subject: Re: Missing hostas
  • From: "Ann James" <annfree@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:30:52 -0600

Sandra,

I have no idea whether there's a post limit on this list or not.  But there doesn't seem to be an option to reply to sender, not the list.

We had several severe freezes this year. Yes, that happens.  The late, late one, I was out on my hands and knees dragging bedspreads, sheets and mattress covers over new plantings.

But if hostas don't like a short dormancy, they probably aren't what I'm looking for anyhow.  I need perennials that aren't prima donnas and will come back reliably year in and year out.  I can dude them up with flashy annuals, if they will just get set and grow.

Thanks for your input, all of you.  I may have just made a mistake thinking that Zone 8 really meant Zone 8 when it didn't at all.

Ann James