Re: Missing hostas

  • Subject: Re: Missing hostas
  • From: "Ann James" <annfree@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 20:31:26 -0600

Dave, Narda,

I just don't know if it was my mistake or the hostas really are at Alpha Centauri or somewhere else Not Here.

The fact that only one hosta has been seen for sale at local nurseries sort of makes me think perhaps they never have done well here.

I didn't have any rhyme or reason in ordering the ones that I did.  I just looked at the pictures and checked off ones that looked promising.

My friend in Ohio, which seems to be the home of late spring and ice and snow, says her hostas are well out of the ground.  Well, shoot.

I think probably the first rule of practical gardening might be to buy what you see locally, because that is a clue.  Unless of course it's something you mean to raise indoors, like orchids, in an artificial environment that you can control.

Thank you all for your input.

Ann James (bereaved in Conroe)