Re: Missing hostas

  • Subject: Re: Missing hostas
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 06:52:58 EST

In a message dated 4/4/02 11:54:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
annfree@earthlink.net writes:

<< They are also
 excellent bird feeder raiders. >>

Ann, I love animals as much as plants.  The squirrels, and birds make my
garden complete.  I find now that I am spending as much if not more money on
squirrel food as bird food.  I have one little fellow who peeks in the
kitchen window and just sits there until I go to the door and throw out a
handful of nuts.  He is just so adorable sitting there patiently, acting like
a peeking tom.

Actually, I do think it is the fragrant hostas that are more hardy in the
hotter climates.  Some of you hotlanta folks should just chime in here any
minute now as you as much as anyone would know how to handle the heat.

Shade gardening is a blessing, no sunburn, no skin cancer, no sweating in the
sun, no yellow jackets and fewer snakes sunning themselves.

Have you looked at the shade garden list?  There is an awesome group of
people who belong there.  N.