Re: missing hostas

  • Subject: Re: missing hostas
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 18:14:51 EST

In a message dated 4/6/02 5:24:11 PM Eastern Standard Time, bobaxe@sbtek.net

<<  This is really interesting. I noticed the fragrant hostas ended up
 toward the end of the list, I always thought they would be near the top.
 I see some are nearer the top, maybe about half. I have Sum and

Bob, same here.  We have horrible hot humid summers with long periods of
drought sometimes and my fragrant hostas do well, they may not be at their
best but look fine even in full sun.  I have So Sweet, plantaginea and
Fragrant Bouquet in full sun as well as a few others such as Invincible,
Sagae.......Sweet Standard.  Too many to remember.

Anyway, we had no trees when we moved into this house ten years ago so you
would have thought that I would have gone more for daylilies, but no, I had
to do it the hard way and plant trees with hostas hoping the hostas would
survive til the trees made shade.  We are making progress these days and
would be doing better if I had not gotten sidetracked with seeds.  Oh, well,
what can I say.  That is fun too.  N.