The Quebec International Indoor Garden Design Show

  • Subject: The Quebec International Indoor Garden Design Show
  • From: "Rejean Millette" <bomil@total.net>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 21:50:54 -0400

While you are receiving this message more than 40 gardens are shown to the public from all over the world.

Countries like France, China, Japan, United States, England, Cuba, Mexico, Sri Lanka, Madagascar, Poland, Columbia, Belgium, and others. Big capitals of Canada, Goverment institutes and for the very first time a specialized Society, The Quebec Hostas and Hemerocallis Society, a very small outfit compare to all these countries.

The International judges declared the landscape winners as: France, folowed by China and Sri-Lanka.

In the Quebec Institution the great winner is the Montreal Botanical Garden with a giant structure.

As individual garden the Quebec Zoologigal Garden was the grand winner.

And today they divulged the overall winner for the plants choice, the forcing of all the specimen used which is the Big Winner  above all because it's considered a horticural show, especially in April, the earliest ever presented. (We are still in winter over here).

We had to force 7 cultivars of daylilies, 8 cultivars of hostas, 2 cultivars of Astilbes, 3 Honeylocusts in full foliage or bloom.

The big winner is us The Quebec Hostas and Hemerocallis Society.

We are there to promote the use of Hostas and Daylilies....and it works.

Many, Many new members.

We are very proud.

Reggie D. Millette
President