Re: spring..I hope

  • Subject: Re: spring..I hope
  • From: Larry McLain <olemacdee@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 20:06:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, Kris! I see that you are my neighbor to the south. I live in Grand Forks. Boy, this has been some weekend, hasn't it! If it stays like this, we should be planting in the gardens before long. I took out about three hundred hosta seedlings today, to get their first taste of the sun. I put them along the fence that I was working on, for a little protection from the wind. They were out for half the day, and really enjoyed it. We even had butterflies flying around the hostas that were blooming. What a perfect day, and no mosquitos! Nice to meet you neighbor! Larry

  Kris Groberg <kgroberg@fargocity.com> wrote:

EntICE11@aol.com wrote:
Mary,
Even up here in the frozen north..the thaw has hit.
Hostas are finally starting up.
We might even see an 80 this week.
Grass is even turning green.
I think everybody is outside playing...in the dirt, grass or what ever.
Now if somebody could tell my oaks to drop their leaves so lawn work could begin....

Paula
Blaine, Mn

Hi Paula:  Same here in Fargo, where it was about 65 today. Some hosta pips showing on the south side of the house. Last week I was at a seminar at Syracuse University in New York, where I had the real pleasure of seeing hellebores blooming on the campus. We don't have them up my way. Kris

--
Kris Groberg, Ph.D., Curator
Heritage Hjemkomst Interpretive Center

Do You Yahoo!?