Re: Bob Kuk

Um, Bob, that's a beautiful site and all that.  I went and marveled.  Am I
the only person who ever subscribed to this list who isn't a professional
hosta grower?  Who didn't know that hostas flat vanish for a time in the
winter?

I'm just trying to cope with living in a woodland setting instead of blazing
sun, and hostas seemed like a good idea.  And they still do.  I have high
hopes for my survivors.

Also, is diatomaceous earth a good defense against chewing insects?  I
really don't want to use a poison.  I would rather just toss the one hosta
that gets eaten.

Ann James
Zone 8