Slugs, was Re: Bob Kuk

  • Subject: Slugs, was Re: Bob Kuk
  • From: "Ann James" <annfree@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:29:15 -0500

Bob,

>>You can always lay boards down and kill the slugs you find under them
in the mornings, if you do that long enough you will see less slugs.
Also try to find toads.
--
Bye
Bob             Bob Axmear  208 2nd St Ne  Waukon, Ia 52172<<

I don't see any evidence of slugs whatever.  It is some sort of chewing
insect that only likes that one plant, and since I very cleverly brought in
all the stakes that came with them, I don't know which it is.

Slugs and snails were endemic in Houston.  They even got in the outdoor cat
food bowl and slimed everything.  I have yet to see slug or snail or their
nasty trails here.  No toads, either, though goodness knows Houston was well
supplied with them, especially after we put in a koi pond.

If you don't think the diatomaceous earth will do any good, I think the best
bet is to just dig up that plant and put it in a pot and hide it somewhere
in the back with all the other stuff in pots.  I hate to just watch it being
chewed to pieces.

Ann James