Re: [hostapix] trifluralin?

  • Subject: Re: [hostapix] trifluralin?
  • From: "Dan & Lu" <hostanut@Bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:56:31 -0400

Hi John,
Thanks for the mention. Surflan and Roundup mixed sure work well for me too. I use 3 oz of Surflan and 12oz of Roundup in 4 gallons of water and spray this mix on 1,000 square feet. Heavier concentrations of Surflan keep weeds down for a longer time than lighter concentrations do. It's the same active ingredient that's in Preen I believe and if you're doing large areas it's much cheaper....like 1/10 the cost of Preen.
It's rumored that H. 'Patriot came from Surflan treated nursery beds of H. 'Francee'. Maybe it's true....maybe it's not...I don't know.
Dan & Lu