Re: [hostapix] trifluralin?

  • Subject: Re: [hostapix] trifluralin?
  • From: "Dan & Lu" <hostanut@Bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:47:50 -0400

Thanks for the tips Joe. I'm using the 2.5 gallon Round Pro and the label reads 2.75 oz. per gallon and that is what I usually use. High amounts of organic matter in the soil also affect how Surflan works....it doesn't work as well with high amounts of organic matter...or so the label says. I got the 3 oz per four gallons of off the Surflan label. I'm using 3 oz of Surflan in 4 gallons....or .75 oz. per gallon in the final mix.

You bring up an important point about Surflan. The label says it should not be used on areas that you intend to plant. It also says that recently planted plants can be a problem too. If the soil is still loose around a recently planted plant and Surflan is applied....and it rains more than one inch or rains heavy....that the Surflan can be washed into the root zone and damage the plants roots. Areas in the garden that puddle when it rains are problems too. This is a very important point in using Surflan.

Dan & Lu