RE: Hosta roots in the air!

  • Subject: RE: Hosta roots in the air!
  • From: "Mary Chastain" <MC_hosta@Bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:30:15 -0400

Barbara it may just be April but today I discovered 4 varieties in the
garden that have flower scapes. Of course  we are nearly 90 degrees with a
humidity of 93%. I have no idea of the problems that may develop later.

I don't really know but think that you may be right about the roots
searching for water. I used to have that happen before we put in the
automatic water system.
Mary