Re: Hummingbird Help Thanks!

  • Subject: Re: Hummingbird Help Thanks!
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 17:09:37 EDT

In a message dated 4/28/02 3:04:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
CBCTPLANT@aol.com writes:

<< Wow!
 Thanks !  That was fast...before the water/sugar mixture even boiled I had
 answers!
 I love these lists.

Carol, everyone has given you good advice on the hummer thing!  I found out
that it is beneficial to the hummers to add a few drops of liquid vitamins
that is available in pet stores for birds.  Also, if your feeders are not
emptied frequently by the birds then you should do it, two days is about max
on the amount of time to be allowed.

My mom has to fill her feeders twice a day.

While I am here I would like to ask the vegetable gardeners out there what is
a good tomato to pot up for my grandmother's porch? She is ninety-one years
old and does not get around too well but she is sharp as a tack, and she does
love tomatoes and misses having a garden.

Also, has anyone had any experience with adding SAP to pots containing
tomatoes to eliminate the need for so much watering?

Thanks so much to anyone who can help me here.
Narda