RE: H. 'Dragon Lady'

Thanks for the info Glen.

Dragon Lady is a beautiful hosta, it's hard to make the link between
Komodo and Lady with any regard other than size.  I'm hoping to collect
more of the wonderful Seaver collection as those I've been lucky enough
to see have been amazing in many respects.

So we can then say that there is no Sea Dragon Lady, but there is most
definately a Dragon Lady and a Sea Dragon.  And so the story goes.

Thanks for the effort.

Mike
Milwaukee

" I have Dragon Lady but know nothing about Sea Dragon

Hi, Mike:

I've known Mildred for a mere 9 years before she moved to Delaware last
July.
 I have never heard of 'Dragon Lady' until recently.  I checked in Van
Wade
hosta tome and he doesn't have either listed.  However, I do know that
sometimes the "Sea" was omitted.  So, 'Dragon Lady' could be 'Sea Dragon
Lady.'  Unfortunately, my research on 'Sea Dragon' has come up empty
handed.

If anyone has it, it would be Ken Ziarek.  I just check his
catalogue...he's
got both listed: 'Sea Dragon' @ $75 and 'Sea Dragon Lady' on display.  I
know
someone who purchased OS 'Sea Dragon Lady' for $75.

Mildred told me that her daughter Muriel picked out a sister seedling
from
the batch that produced H. 'Komodo Dragon'. She said that Charlie was
there
at the time and they were going to throw the seedling out (although I am
not convinced that Mildred would throw out a seedling), and that her
daughter wanted the plant. So Muriel took it home and named it; H.
'Dragon
Lady'. Mildred said that the plant grew wonderfully for her daughter and
took on an immense size.  It is not registered, but apparently never had
the appelation of "Sea" in front of it. Although you can see why it
might.
That, is the rest of the story.  Glen W.

" gui me amat, amat et canem meam"
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont