Re: Death in the Garden

  • Subject: Re: Death in the Garden
  • From: ranbl@netsync.net
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:36:36 -0400 (EDT)

Glen
All this is fine , but did she say what I am supposed to think about all
the plants the deer ate last winter??  In fact , continue to eat !!  I
would think that the new grass now sprouting in the fields would be just
the kind of nurishment the wreched beasts would want, but not so -- they
are ( again this year) keeping my daylilies level with the ground. What
they don't eat, they simply grind into the earth with their hooves!  I
have tried hard to get a grain of consilation from your post, thinking I
might be able to find something to help with the death toll here, but I
haven't found it yet.  I plan to re-read it when I can see through the
tears! This winter I have had someone break into my farm and take
equiptment, deer and rabbits eat everything except the siding off the
barn ( that is no doubt next) Water flood a new part of the garden,
frost heave some of my plants, A car slide off the road and run into the
rock garden.  The new weeds are growing with unusual vigor and I expect
the verious insects that are starting to hatch , to do the same!  Now
the town says they are going to raise my taxes !!  You have to be strong
to be a gardener!!!
Thanks for the try!
Ran

 The first planting was an interview. Some plants