Re: Weed control/Corn Gluten Meal

50 lbs. covers 2500 square feet of lawn.  It is applied with a drop spreader
set about 2/3 open, pretty heavy.  I tend to be heavy-handed when
top-dressing because I hate spending money on weeders and the CGM has a
9-10% slow release nitrogen content.

Recommended applications are early Spring and late August in zone 5.  After
3 years of following this schedule, you can cut the application rate in half
(5,000 square feet / 50 lb bag).

The normal price is about $40 per 50 lb bag.  Yes, you can get it cheaper if
you can take a ton or more at a time and have access to a distributor.  You
can also get it in a one ton box, skipping the bags and saving those costs.
E-mail me offline if you need more information.

>In regards to the corn gluten, for the first time the local Agway is selling
>this.  Question:  how far would a 50 lb. bag go.  How heavily is this
>applied?  Is it applied once? or repeated?  Is there a cheaper way to buy
>this (thought it was a little pricey), ?
>I think I'll do the Round Up in the field, but corn glutten sounds like a
>good alternative in the flower bed!
Betsy & Floyd Rogers
Butterfield Gardens
(877) GRDN CTR