Re: hosta problems - the nightmare

Clyde & All,
   I'm having similar problems as Stacy,on a few 2 gal. containers (Fried
Green Tomatoes) that were stored in the garage overwinter, a little on the
dry side.  Brought into the greenhouse and the top portion of the crown is
muchy.  I popped it out of the pot and hosed off everything (roots looked
good) only lost a small portion of the crown.  I repotted.  Now I noticed
another doing the same thing.  Is this crown rot??  Don't you have to have
damp wet contidions to get corwn rot?