Re: AHS Yearbook

In a message dated 4/9/99 2:17:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time, CCREDUX@aol.com
writes:

<< You that are members of the American Hosta Society have received a
Yearbook.
 On page 8 is the financial statement. Could someone please tell me what
 "Dept. Office Expenses"==$12, 959==are?  >>

Damn, Clyde... That's a good question..And it's a lot of money.. You know,
when I received my yearbook in the mail I wondered just what the hell I was
going to use it for... About 95 percent of the book was addresses of the
various local hosta societies, the rest was taken up my pictures of [people I
don't know, doing something at some unknown function..  Not one thing in the
book did I find to be of use.. So, I pitched it into the garbage can,..

Now you have pointed out the  one thing that would have interested me - where
that $12,000 or so went..  So I agree, Clyude, that the yearbook is a waste
of money.  If I want to know what the address  of the Maine Hosta Society is,
I can E-Mail the AHS for the answer..  I don't need an expensive, worthless
book to tell me what I don't want to know...

Ronnie