New Plants

Today, I bought several new perennials and hostas.  The weather is
frightful!  It is cold and rainy and the wind chill is 26 degrees and it is
very windy.  I have the plants sitting on my back porch.  They are next to a
sheet of plywood, but otherwise uncovered.  Should I be concerned about
them?  Should I cover them with something?  I probably won't get a chance to
plant them this weekend because the weather forecast is the same.  Any and
all replies are greatly appreciated!

Pottsey
zone5