Mosses---New(?) Topic

Clyde

    Three or four years ago we were given a little patch of Irish Moss about 4" in diameter.  We broke it in pieces and placed it among our stepping stones.  Only one problem - the path was through the iris bed,and the Irish moss formed a solid mat about four feet into the iris bed.  Woodland moss also made a spontaneous unappreciated appearance in the same place.  I am not complaining too much because when I clean it out of the iris, I have plenty to place in other places.  What about among the hosta where the shade is not too deep?

Lawrence Lacey
Sioux City, IA, where 28 degrees predicted tonight, so covered all pips showing with pine needles,