Re: Awards and Credits

In a message dated 4/16/1999 6:01:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
township@acbm.qc.ca writes:

<< ..looking through daylilly and iris catalogues, you find
 listed all the various awards received by a certain plant.  How come not
 with hostas?  Yes, occasionally you see"Voted Hosta of the Year" or
 something else, but I find its not the norm in the listings.  Aren't there
 numerous "awards and recognitions"  given out each year?  Why aren't they
 more publicized?  Are they insignificant,  not worthy of mention?  I dunno,
 but if one of my "in my dreams" hosta was recognized by someone or
 something, I'd sure like to see credit given!
 Whats up?

 Hi all,

I am a member of a committee of the Amer. Hosta Society that selects hostas
for an AHS Award of Garden Merit. Then the winners are eligible for the Award
of Highest Garden Merit.
The members of the committee is composed of "experts" who deem certain hostas
as the best for gardens.
Dick Ward is Chair.

Clyde Crockett z5