Re: Too late, too late!!! :o(

In a message dated 4/19/1999 5:31:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
almand@euskalnet.net writes:

<< slugs and snails had done their nasty job...
 Well, I've arrived far too late!!!. On the early sprouting hostas the
 foliage was severely ravaged by these %??@ bugs and, frankly, the plants
 looked dreadful. The only thing I could do was trying to clean the base
 of the plants and shovel some slug bait. I can only check these plants
 once a week at the most. Is there any hope for these plants to make some
 new growth?. What can I do??? >>

 Jose and others,
Are you sure the damage is caused by slugs? It is unlikely that slugs come
out in cool weather. Could it perhaps be cutworms? Some of my emerging hostas
have been chewed by these.
What can you do?

Apply Sevin around the base of the plants.

Good luck!

Clyde Crockett z5 Indy IN