Re: Too late, too late!!! :o(

In a message dated 4/19/1999 10:04:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
Meum71@aol.com writes:

<< slugs will over winter next to the eyes of the Hosta and feed on the
 eyes in the fall and early spring, chewing large chunks out of the eyes and
 the emerging foliage. >>

I am certainly not doubting you; but, did you actually see the slugs? Maybe I
do not have the same slugs you do, but mine only make little pinprick holes
in the leaves. The damage you describe comes from cutworms here. If the
damage is at base, I think it is the pillbug that is the culprit.

Clyde Crockett z5