Re: Too late, too late!!! :o(

I had nary a hole in the foliage.  It would have been great to have seen
this and then I would have known earlier that I had slugs last year.
Instead, they ate into the petiole at the base and tunneled up.  I could
actually take the leaf from the base and run my thumb and forefinger down
the stem and slide them out.  I noticed leaves become clorotic and some
falling and I began to look.  What I found were many (understatement) slugs.
This pattern repeated all over the garden.  They do seem to cuddle up next
to the eyes and within the base of the foliage to lay eggs.  I destroyed
millions of eggs last fall.
Beth Arnold
Zone 5
Peoria, Illinois