Toads: the potential answer for Jose's problems

if I posted this before or not, but here goes again.

We have so many toads in our garden that we have to watch where we step.
We have also made little "homes" for them and the snakes with little piles
of rocks (garden interest) and old tree trunks - we leave them to rot.
When you have a bunch of critters like that in your garden, you tend to
never see things like slugs.

We have never had even one incidence of slug damage.  I have brought slugs
in potted hostas in before, and they are not around for long.  I believe
it's the toads and the other things in the yard.

Stacy Holtzman
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Bloomington, Indiana Z5b