Re: Hosta

venies.place wrote:

> I bought a gallon Golden Tiara and a two gallon undulata albo-marginata,
> which has over a dozen plants in it.  Anyone have any experience with these
> two?  Please send me any info, success, failures, etc.
>
> Thanks!

Hi, Pottsy!

Golden Tiara is the fastest growing hosta I know.  Green with gold
edge.  Nothing fancy, but a nice mature plant in three years (a foot
high and two feet wide) or a nice border in one year.  Very hardy, even
for hostas.  undulata Albomarginata is the extremely common "green one
with the white edge" that apparently was planted all over the upper
midwest in the fifties and sixties.  Bigger than Golden Tiara, about
three feet wide and 1.5 feet high.  Not at all fancy, but three or five
mature plants makes a very nice appearance.		Irwin Johnson>