Re: Sun Tolerance

In a message dated 4/23/1999 4:27:59 AM Central Daylight Time,
timsaville@breathemail.net writes:

<< In the UK the yellows seem less keen to
 venture out of the shade,unless they are small like Hydon Sunset. >>

 Hi Tim!

So very nice to hear from you. I look forward to our seeing each other in
June in Michigan.
Tell us----what happens to the yellows grown in lots of sun? Do they bleach?

I have found that some hostas acclimate to much sunnier conditions from that
in which they were previously grown. A case in point is my plant of Birchwood
Elegance. I moved it to a sunny spot from a shady spot. The first year it
looked terrible. The next year it was ok. It is now the largest hosta in my

TY for your posting.

Clyde Crockett z5