Re: Missing Hosta

venies.place wrote:
> All of my hostas are peeking through except two.  I had a Gold Standard
> planted in a gloomy corner of my garden that I loved because it made it so
> bright.  And, I had a Green Sheen in the front yard that has not shown any
> signs of life.  Should I be concerned?  Could something have eaten them?
> Any and all answers are appreciated!
> Pottsey

Hi Pottsey,

They could still come...it isn't even May, yet.  But then again, maybe
not.  Last spring something got into one bed of hostas...lost about 6
plants...all large, mature plants that had been in place for several
years.  No sign of any burrows or anything, but all that was left was
roots...no crown at all.  I was quite upset and afraid what ever it was
was going to get all my hostas.  Most of the plants I put back into that
bed have made it through the winter, so who knows for sure what it was.
Some people from the list said it was probably voles.  Don't give up,

zone 4

Josh's Garden Web

In The Country Garden & Gifts

JS Web Page Design