Re: Sevin

In a message dated 4/28/1999 12:11:49 PM Central Daylight Time,
almand@euskalnet.net writes:

<< A couple of weeks ago somebody recommended me to use Sevin in my very
 damaged hostas to get rid of the critters hiding in the crowns. My
 question is. how to use this product?. Do you water the plants with the
 insecticide till they're well soaked?. Do you spray the plants?. What's
 the dose I should use?.  >>

Hello Jose:

Use the powder form. Dust plant liberally at base of plant and around base of
plant.

If it is washed away by rain, etc., dust again.

I am assuming that you have cutworms. But I have found that Sevin also deters
if not kills slugs.

Clyde Crockett z5