Re: IAC List?

The IAC list is not a continuing process.  It is a list of named hostas that had
not been registered at the time it was issued.  New hostas are theoretically
supposed to be registered, and so are not added to the IAC list.  It's purpose,
as I understand it, was to allow the hosta community to utter the names of
existing unregistered hostas until a certain date without fear of punishment and
to allow time for them to be registered.  After that date, which I don't
remember, if they were not registered, their names could never be spoken again
and all traces of their existance would be banished from the earth, or at least
the U.S.  I don't know if this rule was meant to apply beyond the 12 mile limit
of the U.S., its territories and possessions.  It is my understanding that these
new laws were passed by the Republican controlled House but are not expected to
get through the Senate, and face certain veto if they should.