Re: IAC List?

Chick wrote:

> The IAC list is not a continuing process.  It is a list of named hostas that had
> not been registered at the time it was issued.  New hostas are theoretically
> supposed to be registered, and so are not added to the IAC list.  It's purpose,
> as I understand it, was to allow the hosta community to utter the names of
> existing unregistered hostas until a certain date without fear of punishment and
> to allow time for them to be registered.  After that date, which I don't
> remember, if they were not registered, their names could never be spoken again
> and all traces of their existance would be banished from the earth, or at least
> the U.S.  I don't know if this rule was meant to apply beyond the 12 mile limit
> of the U.S., its territories and possessions.  It is my understanding that these
> new laws were passed by the Republican controlled House but are not expected to
> get through the Senate, and face certain veto if they should.

Uh-oh. I have an 'August Moon' (banished, I read, for not having been registered
after making it to the list). Does it no longer exist, even though I see it before
me?

These are trying times. Kris
--
Kristi A. Groberg, Ph.D.
kgroberg@fargocity.com

"Writing is the shaping of letters to represent spoken words which, in turn,
represent what is in the soul."
~The Muqaddimah of Ibn Khaldun