Re: Drought Resistant Hostas---Also H. 'Revolution'

Chick wrote:
> A patent is granted for 20 years from the date of application.  I would guess that
> a patent holder who informed you that the patent was applied for would have the
> right to seek reasonable compensation once the patent was granted from those who
> propagated the plant.  But that's just a guess.
> The easiest way to avoid the problem is to not propagate the plant and respect the
> patent process.

	I have no intention of propagating anything with ppaf on it. I just
pass those plants by when I decide to buy something to sell or for
	I don't think many other countries follow the ppaf rule though. I know
labs outside this country propagate ppaf designated plants all the time.
		Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/
		Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/