Re: Drought Resistant Hostas---Also H. 'Revolution'

I was just talking with Bob Kuk and he said PPAF does offer limited protection.
Something like 13 months for the patent to go thru. A patent is only good
stateside. So, if Holland got hold of a plant and TC'ed it. They could sell it
everywhere except here in the US. The major downfall of a patent is you have to
monitor the trade, and bring about legal action yourself.

I was also told that a nursery magazine had an acticle about a "trademarked"
name.  It  gave the impression that a trademark holds protection on a much more
worldly level.

Ray