Re: IAC List?

Chick, first let me say that because of the medium we choose to communicate
in, humor is often left to be interpreted by the receiver of the message,
with no benefit of expressions and gestures.

I suppose I'm one of the non-money grubbing hobbyist. However, I'm in
competition with no one for creating the worlds largest list of varieties. I
am however creating a list of varieties, their descriptions, registration
information if applicable, and if it's being sold, by whom and at what
price, as well as any other information I deem useful.

In the beginning, I started my database as a method of keeping track of the
hostas I was purchasing, as well as those on my wish list. Contrary to
popular belief, I don't have unlimited funds and I am a frugal
discriminating purchaser. As I continued down my path, I realized how very
little I knew about this wonderful plant, and how much more I wanted to
know. Hence the elaborate database I've created.

The other startling discovery I made was that I was not the only one hungry
for information. So forgive me for asking what might be considered trivial
questions. I promise you that it is of no other purpose than to present
accurate data in my database. Inaccurate data is almost as bad, if not worse
than no data at all.

Hence my question regarding the IAC list. I believe from your response, that
the information has no purpose. OK, on to searching for other resources to
waste away my many hours of input.

I do appreciate your response, as well as your sense of humor.

Lu (Atlanta, Zone 7B)

Website: www.bigfoot.com/~Hostanut