From: owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com
[mailto:owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com]On Behalf Of Judy Cosler
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2000 8:00 AM
To: hosta-open@mallorn.com; shadegardens@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU
Subject: hosta platinagea (sp?)

I bought a platinagea hosta this spring, planted it in a semi s-semi s
place.  it seems quite happy & has put out several new leaves!
However, at the same time, the bottom leaves are yellowing & rotting.
Explanation?  also, when should I expect (have expected) this hosta to
bloom?  that's what I was waiting for!!

TIA, Judy