Re: an iris question

  • Subject: Re: an iris question
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:57:00 EDT

In a message dated 8/1/01 11:24:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time, bobaxe@sbtek.net

<<  Check into cygon. It is a systemic insecticide and this is about the
 only good use I can think of for it. Iris borers are really hard to get
 rid of without it.

My little old eighty year old neighbor came over with three tubers from one
of his iris for me this morning.  His look healthy!  I have decided to plant
daylilies where the iris were but I think I will apply a clean up application
of cygon there, I have totally removed all of the iris.

Now I am planning to plant my iris in isolation amongst other things and not
in a bed as I did before.  Cygon, I think that I have that on the shelf,
wonder if it has a shelf life, it has probably been there for years.  N.