The dreaded "N" word...

  • Subject: The dreaded "N" word...
  • From: Alttara Scheer <alttara@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 19:36:32 -0400

Hello all,

Doing a daily survey of my gardens (which I haven't had a chance to do in several days), I saw a sight that chilled my veins, despite the 90+ degree outside temperature.

I've seen pictures, I've heard talk, but now, I get my first "in the flesh" peek: H. Montana Kinkaku has nematodes. Unmistakably.

I summarily dug it up, and ran to my hosta reference library. It is currently soaking, isolated, in a bucket. (Now I'm wondering what to do with the water in that bucket, once I decide what to do with the plant.)

Can anybody tell me if they've had much success with the hot water treatment, or should I just throw the poor, afflicted, yet beautiful thing away?

I also hesitate, oh, yes, verily I hesitate, to say that this hosta was purchased from one of the vendors at First Look.

Alas!