Re: butterfly road kill - really sad

  • Subject: Re: butterfly road kill - really sad
  • From: "H. WILLIAMS" <msbucky@home.com>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 21:32:50 -0400

It's a terrible thing, but we are probably responsible for it. Monarchs
migrate south every year, to one particular area in Mexico where they
winter in the trees.  They follow the same path generation after
generation.  My assumption would be that they have used the route for
longer than we have.  The road was probably built directly in their
migratory path...