Re: Misspellings

  • Subject: Re: Misspellings
  • From: BDeyes6@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 10:55:22 EDT

Now for a little breakfast sarcasm.....
I couldn't agree with you more!  Antioch  is a fine name!  I can spell it. I
can pronounce it!
I have decided that the new names are unfair to gardeners everywhere.
I am beginning to put both labels on,  but I doubt if I have ever disliked a
name more that SAGAE.  I can't pronounce it...and just as soon as I practice
the way they explained in the hosta journal, someone corrects me.
No one can pronounce it .....I doubt if a gardener would have voted for the
Now that everyone has decided to make me use the name moorheimii
do we have classes on the pronunciation?

And when one of the GURUs in the hosta world tells me one way,
what do I do when another respected leader tells me another?
Is it time to put the pronunciation in the library database on contested
words?...an audio file would help me more!